Re: Blackdown

Juha Siltala escribió:

On 2004-11-10, Pedro M (Morphix User) <pmacv@telefonica.net> wrote:
Jules Dubois escribió:

I think that's what the 'java-package' package is designed to do: Make a
Debian package from Blackdown or Sun JRE.

If so, I think for newbbies is very interesting Debian Board would create this package , so the user only have to download it, not to create it. I thing JavaSun has not direct browser integration (one have

java-package does build a package that installs the browser plugin too. It is very easy to make. I have a package right here but cannot legally give it to you, you have to build your own. Not me, not Debian, nobody but Sun can distribute their Java. Which is a Bad Thing of course.

to install the plug-in for Java in Mozilla). This didn't happened to me with Macromedia Flash (it update mozilla chrome registry). This Macromedia solution is for me and for the newbies the ideal one. And I

Macromedia's distribution policy is a bit better, but the installer package still has to fetch the real thing from Macromedia's site and then install it. It's still Bad.

would like to see a Official / non-official repository for this ideal (one step sollution ) package to download.

Sure, but it's illegal.

So, the solution are the forks.

We need the best forks.

A message to Sun : or an easy Linux installation or we are going to promote Java forks only ;)

Regards.