Re: Blackdown

Jules Dubois escribió:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:07:11 +0000, Pedro M (Morphix User) wrote:

But I like blackdown, becuase making an apt-get install, it installs automatically in Mozilla (in a similar way to Macromedia Flash Debian Package ).

I think that's what the 'java-package' package is designed to do: Make a
Debian package from Blackdown or Sun JRE.

If so, I think for newbbies is very interesting Debian Board would create this package , so the user only have to download it, not to create it. I thing JavaSun has not direct browser integration (one have to install the plug-in for Java in Mozilla). This didn't happened to me with Macromedia Flash (it update mozilla chrome registry). This Macromedia solution is for me and for the newbies the ideal one. And I would like to see a Official / non-official repository for this ideal (one step sollution ) package to download.

I would like a similar easy solution for newbbies for Java (Java is very used in the Internet ).

How about Kaffe?  It's Free and already packaged, it seems.

It only has browser integration for KDE . See http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?Kaffe

And similar for Adobe Acrobat ( I cannot print o click in the links in gxpdf :'-(

If you really need Acrobat Reader, add somthing like

 deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
 deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable   main

to /etc/apt/sources.list.  This repository isn't "official" but it works
and has some otherwise-unavailable packages.

Information added to http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?Acrobat