Re: Blackdown

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:07:11 +0000, Pedro M (Morphix User) wrote:

> But I like blackdown, becuase making an apt-get install, it installs
> automatically in Mozilla (in a similar way to Macromedia Flash Debian
> Package ).

I think that's what the 'java-package' package is designed to do: Make a
Debian package from Blackdown or Sun JRE.

> I would like a similar easy solution for newbbies for Java (Java is very
> used in the Internet ).

How about Kaffe?  It's Free and already packaged, it seems.

> And similar for Adobe Acrobat ( I cannot print o click in the links in
> gxpdf :'-(

If you really need Acrobat Reader, add somthing like

  deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
  deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable   main

to /etc/apt/sources.list.  This repository isn't "official" but it works
and has some otherwise-unavailable packages.