Re: libapache-auth-ldap with SSL not compiling

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 02:45:01PM +0100, Matthias Eichler wrote:

> - for using libapache-auth-ldap with SSL I have to
>   recompile the source as the binary package does not
>   support SSL/TLS

> Now I am confused, because:
> - the dpkg-buildpackage of libapache-auth-ldap has to be
>   made with the option --with-ldap-sdk=netscape as the
>   package does not support the openldap environment for
>   SSL support.
>   Is this right?!? I have definitely openldap running
>   WITH SSL support.

You don't need the Netscape SDK; auth_ldap supports TLS with the OpenLDAP
SDK, but it requires a patch. I don't know if that patch has been applied
to the Debian package or not. The patch itself is available if you search
the mailing list archives at www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap.

Alternatively, you could use something like stunnel to do secure LDAP
and you wouldn't have to patch and recompile the ldap module.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Tom Robinson Band - All Right All Night (TRB Two)