root+evms+sata+raid

I have been trying to set up a new server using evms and sata and linux raid. This has proved to be a challenge. I have installed to a spare ide drive built the evms md/volumes and copied the installation over. I have not been able to get a initrd image built that will activate the evms volumes at boot. I tried to use the sample image that is on the evms web site ?no luck?. I have looked at Matt Zimmerman?s work on the evms package. It looks like you should be able to build an initrd image with mkinitrd. I must be missing something in the mkinitrd config because it does not work for me. If anyone has been successful with this please share your experience with me.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

henryg