Re: Alt Gr + key doesn't generate "extra" symbols any more

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:22:08 +0100, Bram Mertens <bram-mertens@linux.be> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 19:13, Nicos Gollan wrote:

[...]

> > If there isn't, you have to create that mapping yourself. Try running this
> > command from an X terminal:
> >
> > xmodmap -e "add mod5 = ISO_Level3_Shift"
>
> After this command the output from xmodmap remains the same so I assume
> this is ok.
>
> [...]
>
> In the "gnome-keyboard-properties" Andrea mentioned the keyboard model
> is set to "Generic 104-key PC" and only one layout option is selected
> "Meta is mapped to the Win-keys.

Have you selected "Belgian" as layout? If you select more than a
layout you can change them binding a key with the "Group Shift/Lock
behaviour".

> Should I enable one of the options "Third level choosers"?  I have

I really don't know what the "Third level choosers" is about. As you
said documentation is not detailed.

> tested a little bit but it didn't seem to affect much.  Do I need to
> restart Gnome or X after changing anything there?

Nope, the change are istantaneous.

> Where can I find more extensive documentation on this?  the help
> browser's information is quite limited.

Andrea