Out of room on /usr partition

Hi there.
I have run out of room on my /usr/bin partition (95%). I have a couple of hard drives in that box but Debian resides on a 10 gig scsi. The box is an old PII with 256 RAM.

I have room elsewhere but searching didn't turn up any recipes for linking or otherwise telling the system to use some other more roomy areas when it needs to write to /usr/bin.

I could un-install a bunch of stuff but it's the kids box and they seem to be comfortable with what's there now.

Any ideas would be welcome.

/dev/sda2 = / reiserfs
/dev/sda3 = /home reiserfs
/dev/sda5 = /usr reiserfs
/dev/sda6 = /var reiserfs
/dev/sda6 - /boot reiserfs

I had trouble with archived software in the /var too but got that moved easily.

This is my first successful attempt to have a full time Debian box up and I must say it's a pleasure to have so little maintenance!

Ian