Re: 'rpm --freshen': dpkg Equivalent?

Hi.

This isn't a silly question at all. For a long time I would use
dselect to just update the list of available packages, then I have to
view them just to get back out to the prompt to "update".

However, this will do the same:

apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade

The first updates the list of available packages from the archives in
your /etc/apt/sources.list, the second will upgrade the installed
packages to their latest version.

Using dselect did give me a couple of good things, though. Right at
the top of the package list are the "New" ones, to browse through
just in case I decide to try something new. But I also run
"unstable", so there are often new things to try.

YMMV,

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001