dselect not respecting holds ?

Does anyone else (who still uses dselect) find that
dselect does not respect holds ?  A couple of packages
(tetex-bin, gramofile) I've installed have
recommends/suggests (texi2html, mctools-lite, cddb)
that don't interest me.  I marked them hold in the
dependecies conflict resolution window that popped up
when I first selected tetex-bin and gramofile.

However, everytime I use dselect, I am presented with
these same recommends/suggests.

-------------------
dselect-recursive package listing mark:+/=/- ...
help:?
EIOM Pri Section  Package      Description
 *** Opt tex      tetex-bin    teTeX binary files

 *** Xtr sound    gramofile    Transfer sound from...
  =* Opt sound    cddb         CD DataBase support...
  =* Opt sound    mctools-lite A CD player and
audio...
  =* Opt text     texi2html    Convert Texinfo
files...
-------------------

I am finding it wearisome to have to remove the
install tag and hit "Q" everytime I install/uninstall
something else.

All three packages are correctly marked as hold in
/var/lib/dpkg/status.  I couldn't find any bugs that
addressed this particular "hold/status" problem.
Though, I didn't examine every single result returned
by googling 'dselect "package hold" site:debian.org',
those I did see where concerned more with how to mark
a package as a hold rather than a problem with dselect
respecting the hold.

debian version 3.0
dselect version 1.9.21

Thanks,