Re: looking for a corporate debian edition, with support

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:00:06PM -0600, psychoelmo wrote:
> "Canonical offers professional support for Ubuntu on both desktops and
> servers. Contact support@canonical.com for more information."
>  -- from http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/paidsupport
>
> you'd have to ask them about availability and response time though..  :)

Yes, i contacted them and they do offer support.
this would be perfect, but my boss/client wants
a corporate web site branding their own distribution.
ie redhat.com distributes and support redhat.com.

canonical.com does not distribute any linux distribution.
they support ubuntu. of course the difference is
small, but it seems that this is enough to turn away customers.
or maybe it's just that ubuntu is not well known like redhat.
they maybe need a marketing dpt, sales forces, (from canonical?).
(like mandrake, suse, redhat....)

userlinux is trying pushing on this direction.
(but the support section  in userlinux.com is small...)

thanks a lot

--
xavier