Re: Problem getting RAID set mounted at boot time.

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 17:53 -0800, Brian Dockter wrote:
> I have just installed (about 2-3 weeks ago) a fresh copy of Sarge using
> the new network installer (RC2). My system disk is on a standard IDE
> controller. My /home directory is a striped set on a SATA controller. The
> problem I'm having is my /home directory is not getting mounted at boot
> time. Once the system is up though, all I have to do to mount /home is:
>
>     /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start
>     mount /home
>
> I'm using the stock Debian package kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686 and I'm using
> mdadm to manage the striped set. The IDs of the partitions on my SATA
> disks are both set as type 0xFD (Linux raid autodetect). My mdadm.conf
> file contains:
>
>     DEVICE partitions
>     ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid0 num-devices=2
>        UUID=1a6775db:3b133037:d4509894:8621c285
>        devices=/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1
>
> My /etc/fstab contains:
>
>     /dev/md0        /home           xfs     defaults        0       1
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on why things don't work?

Check bugs.debian.org. Check kernel-source-2.6.8 (as it is the one I
submitted)

Actually is my work e-mail.

It is a combo of UDEV and MD and Kernel messages and such. I removed
UDEV and used a static /dev for the time being.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux