Problem getting RAID set mounted at boot time.

I have just installed (about 2-3 weeks ago) a fresh copy of Sarge using
the new network installer (RC2). My system disk is on a standard IDE
controller. My /home directory is a striped set on a SATA controller. The
problem I'm having is my /home directory is not getting mounted at boot
time. Once the system is up though, all I have to do to mount /home is:

    /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid start
    mount /home

I'm using the stock Debian package kernel-image-2.6.8-1-686 and I'm using
mdadm to manage the striped set. The IDs of the partitions on my SATA
disks are both set as type 0xFD (Linux raid autodetect). My mdadm.conf
file contains:

    DEVICE partitions
    ARRAY /dev/md0 level=raid0 num-devices=2
       UUID=1a6775db:3b133037:d4509894:8621c285
       devices=/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1

My /etc/fstab contains:

    /dev/md0        /home           xfs     defaults        0       1

Does anyone have any thoughts on why things don't work?

Thanks,

Brian