Re: Debian defaults: Are them a democratic process?

On Nov 03 2004, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Nov 2004, ROBERTOJIMENOCA wrote:
> > I'd like to know if there's a formal process where defaults like the
> > ones I proposed can be voted to please the majority of the users.
>
> Wishlist bugs, and discursion on debian-devel, AFAIK.  Votes you will have
> to hold them yourself, and post the summaries to debian-devel, I think.

The problem with wishlist bugs is that, even if you send an e-mail with an
obviously correct fix (or a harmless fix, for that matter, like changing
the colors of a desktop to be more consistent), it can go on ignored.

And ignored. And ignored (for way more than six months). Not even a
response telling that it won't be done and the "wontfix" tag. Simply an
open and ignored bugreport. This is not good, IMHO, and, of course,
frustrates the users.

A frustrated user of some packages, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php