Install Version 1.2

Hello:
I purchased a cd from Debian on the web. It is version 1.2 Intel. Open Circulation Edition. The p.c. I'm installing onto is: CPU cyrix mediaGXm-S, CPU Clock 266mz, 128 memory, Display ega/vga. I changed the bootup to start from cdrom, and it installed. I followed the info from the web page aboutdebian.com. My problem is when I remove the cd per instructions before the p.c. reboots, but after the p.c. does it boot check it displays the line:
Verifying DMI Poll Date...
then the screen displays 01 01 01 01 01 across the page and keeps scrolling pages down.
I tried reinstall five times no luck.
I even tried when reinstalling and got the first window screen and pressed the SHIFT KEY , and got the boot choice of run linux, security panel or something like that, and maintance? but when it runs the code in the dos screen some things not found or error.
The web site said that Cyrix chip should work.
Any help would really be helpful.
Thanks,
Gary Leckey