Re: IBM Rack Server recommendation
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Pete Clarke wrote:
> I've installed both Stable (Woody) and Testing (Sarge) on various models
> (850r, 2500r, 5500r, 3000r, 6500r etc). with absolutely no problems - I
> can't imagine the 1U boxen are any different.
1Us are very very different animal ...
- you need to worry about air flow, if you care about keeping
the cpu opertaing temp as low as possible
- you need to worry about which kind of heatsink you use
- you need to worry about which fans you use
- you need to worry about noise issue if you keep that in
an office/home instead of a noisy/airconditioned server room
- you need to worry about how much cpu/memory/disks you need
since space and air is limited
- on and on..