Re: Apache2 on Debian

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
I've installed Apache2 on my Debian box. While it works, if I direct my browser to

 http://myserver

It gets changed to

 http://myserver/apache2-default

I can't find the reference to "apache2-default" anywhere in the configuration. Where is this coming from? I've grep'ed everything I can think of in the configuration and tried to search the apache documentation to no avail. I don't want this forking off another directory beyond the apache2 home.

I think what you are looking for is in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default. It redirects /var/www to /var/www/apache2-default.

At least I think that is what my sarge box is doing :-) Haven't played around with it much.

Keith