Re: Apache2 on Debian

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:53:13PM -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I've installed Apache2 on my Debian box. While it works, if I direct my
> browser to
>
>  http://myserver
>
> It gets changed to
>
>  http://myserver/apache2-default
>
> I can't find the reference to "apache2-default" anywhere in the
configuration.
> Where is this coming from? I've grep'ed everything I can think of in the
> configuration and tried to search the apache documentation to no avail. I
> don't want this forking off another directory beyond the apache2 home.

The main apache2 config is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, but additional
configuration is added by files residing in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled,
including the default to apache2-default.

The general idea is that overall config stuff sits in apache2.conf, while
individual sites (virtual domains) get set up in
/etc/apache2/sites-available with sym-links to sites-enabled.

Ollie

--
| Ollie Acheson             |