Re: why my atp can not find the file?

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:40:45PM -0500, Eduard Breuer wrote:
> I googled on the debian web site and tried to find the recommended package.
> there is an ftp link:
> ftp.us.debiam.org/debian/pool/main/g/gs-esp/gs-esp_7_.07.1-9_i386.deb

debiaM.org? That should usually be debian.org. Maybe just a typo in
your mail.

As someone else said, the quick solution would be to fetch this with
ftp or wget or some such program, save it anywhere and run `dpkg -i
path/to/gs-esp_7_.07.1-9_i386.deb'.

> how do I get this file dowloaded by my apt?
>
> Here is what I played with:
>
> I edited the /etc/apt/source.list file but I do not know the right
> synatax. I alsways get and can not open or can not find message  for
> this server no mather what kind of combination I try when I rub apt-update.

Try this line:

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main

If you know what you're doing you may wish to put something else there
instead of `sarge'. See http://www.debian.org/releases/.

"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill