Re: why my atp can not find the file?

Hi,

> This is the link you posted:
>
> ftp.us.debiam.org/debian/pool/main/g/gs-esp/gs-esp_7_.07.1-9_i386.deb

Ok, I did this. It did work just fine

>  download that file to any directory, and use dpkg -i to install it.

and here is where the problem starts.
I did:
dpkg -i gs-esp_7.07.1-9_i386.deb
in etc/apt/ where I downloaded the file. I did it here since I could not find a
more logical location that I would remember. I know this probably sloppy, ohh
well I am a begginer.
and this is the mess I got:

dpkg: considering removing gs in favor of gs-esp...
dpkg: yes, will remove gs in favor of gs-esp
dpkg: considering removing cupsys-pstoraster in favor of gs-esp ...
dpkg no, cannot remove cupsys-pstoraster (--auto-deconfire will help):
       cuspsys depends on cupsys-pstoraster
          cupsys-pstoraster is to be removed
dpkg: regarding gs-esp_7.07.1-9_i386.deb containing gs-esp:
       gs-esp conflicts with cupsys-pstoraster
       cupsys-pstoraster (version 1.1.14-5woody10) is installed.
dpkg: error processing gs-esp_7.07.1-9_i386.deb (--install):
      Errors were encoutered while processing: gs-esp_7.70.1_9_i386.deb

What is this?
I am trying to install a version that is different than my kernel? How do I find
out what kernel I am running (is ti woody or sarge? what is sarge anyways?)
How do I fix this?
Did I just damage something?
hmmm way too many questions... Please help. I am lost. I am reading as much as I
can.

thank you.
ed.
>Brett