Re: Sound card troubles

Hi!

thnx for the reply!
on my second computer (also with the same sound troubles, or me with the
same lack of knowledge about it) i get:

squidie:~# cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [ICH5           ]: ICH - Intel ICH5
                     Intel ICH5 at 0xdffffa00, irq 17

so the card is recognized.
I compiled the kernel only with alsa and no oss at all so i tried again
and compiled my kernel with OSS mixer API and OSS PCM API and now it
works...
how comes ? i didn't knew those packages were necessary ?
cheers and THNX!!
Philippe.