Re: Sound card troubles

You might try

cat /proc/asound/cards to see if your card(s) are identified.

Did you compile ALSA with OSS emulation?

ALSA, by default has all volumnes set to 0.
Have you tried alsamixer or gmix to increase sound?

Try playing a mp3 or ogg with mplayer to see if it will
play them.

what does modprobe -l | grep 'snd' produce?

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

            The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people
               forget that certain other sets of psople are human
                                       -
                                 Aldous Huxley