creating debian "branch"

We have a private local debian mirror to be able to update our entire
server farm without stealing masive amounts of bandwidth from someone
else and we would like to figure out how to put the .deb packages we
make on the local mirror so that we can have the servers recognize
them as regular debs and update them when we add a newer version to
the mirror.

We have no problems making the debs, but I gooled around and can't
find any instructions or guidance on how to produce the package lists
and everything else that is required to putting custom debs on a
mirror.

Does anyone know how to do this or of some place I can find
instructions?  Even if someone know how to make an entire separate deb
source for these, that would be fine too.  I'm just looking for any
way to simply add another line in the sources.list or something so
that our custom package is considered when we conduct an apt-get
upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nate Kroll