Re: awstats with mass virtual hosting

> Hi,
> I have a  machine with a lot of virtual hosts. For that I am using
> apache with mass virtual hosting. Now I have to run awstats on each
> single virtual host. I was curious what is the beste metod to do that ?
> As far as I read I have to have one conf for each virtual host. I was
> curios how is it better for awstats ? To have one big log file, each
> line containing the virtual host, or to have one log file for each
> virtual host ?
>
> Any suggestions, idea, etc. how to do that will be apreciate. I must say
> I never used awstats before.
> Thank you very much.

What I do is setup a config directory with all my config files. Then use a
model file and change the log location and host name in each one for each
virtual site. There is a perl script (awstats_updateall.pl) that comes
with awstats in the tools directory that will read all the config files in
your directory and post the data to one big data dump. I just cron that
out to run right before logrotate does it's thing with apache's logs. Then
on apache I setup a alias for the stats directory, icons, etc.. and from
the URL it will read the seperate data/config files for awstats based on
the site when the user runs awstats.pl.

Here is the tool
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_tools.html

With a working configuration it is a simple cp and quick edit job for each
virtual host. You can easily script the process out if you have a 'whole
lot' of hosts.

-Michael