awstats with mass virtual hosting

Hi,
I have a machine with a lot of virtual hosts. For that I am using apache with mass virtual hosting. Now I have to run awstats on each single virtual host. I was curious what is the beste metod to do that ? As far as I read I have to have one conf for each virtual host. I was curios how is it better for awstats ? To have one big log file, each line containing the virtual host, or to have one log file for each virtual host ? Any suggestions, idea, etc. how to do that will be apreciate. I must say I never used awstats before.
Thank you very much.