Re: awstats with mass virtual hosting

Cristi Banciu wrote:

Hi,
I have a machine with a lot of virtual hosts. For that I am using apache with mass virtual hosting. Now I have to run awstats on each single virtual host. I was curious what is the beste metod to do that ? As far as I read I have to have one conf for each virtual host. I was curios how is it better for awstats ?

To have one big log file, each
line containing the virtual host, or to have one log file for each virtual host ?
I don't think this would be a good idea. You will be scanning the whole log file for each host.

Any suggestions, idea, etc. how to do that will be apreciate. I must say I never used awstats before.
Thank you very much.

awstats can do static stats.. that is.. stats will be calculated when you tell awstats to do it.. and all the files will be created then.. thats probably what you want to do go with.

don't do cgi.. or.. you can do cgi and give owners access to update the stats whenever they want or tell the cgi to run every 5-6 hours.. or 24 hours.. you need to do some reading before you decide on this time..

at any rate.. awstats rocks

Pritpal Dhaliwal