Re: [OT] kudos to the debian-installer team!

H. S. wrote:
> The only glitch I faced was it didn't auto-detect the Broadcom 4400
> series of 10/100 MBps ethernet adapter but it was listed in the list of
> adapter it presented. I just had to select the right one (of course here
> is where the knowledge about your hardware comes handy). I am sure the
> installer is a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely.

If you can file an installation report or just a bug on discover1-data
and include lspci and lspci -n output for the system, we can make it
autodetect your card.

> BTW, some people have said that that red background screen is a bug.
> However, at least on an LCD screen, it looks actually nice. Kind of
> matches the Debian red logo.

It is a bug, I don't care if it looks nice. :-)

It seems that the color is effectively random, or whatever the kernel
feels like putting in there instead of what we do, so it sould just as
easily be a nasty puce screen in some cases.

--
see shy jo