Re: [OT] kudos to the debian-installer team!

Apparently, _Hugo Vanwoerkom_, on 21/10/04 10:19,typed:
Pim Bliek wrote:

Just a short note to congratulate the debian-installer team on their
excellent work!

I second that. Joey Hess and his team are on the ball. It is a fantastic product that they are coming up with.

Hugo

I agree whole heartedly. I installed Debian Unstable on a Dell Inspiron 5160 last week and the installer is sooo much better that what I used a couple of years ago to install Woody!

The only glitch I faced was it didn't auto-detect the Broadcom 4400 series of 10/100 MBps ethernet adapter but it was listed in the list of adapter it presented. I just had to select the right one (of course here is where the knowledge about your hardware comes handy). I am sure the installer is a work in progress, but it is coming along nicely.

BTW, some people have said that that red background screen is a bug. However, at least on an LCD screen, it looks actually nice. Kind of matches the Debian red logo.

->HS