Re: [OT] Debian advocacy for Smart but Scared People With Lives

Incoming from William Ballard:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 12:16:21PM -0700, Gilbert, Joseph wrote:
> > session and found that KDE had autodetected my sound card.  You may want to
> > have them give Sarge a try.  It may be a lot easier than even you suspect...
>
> This isn't a technical thing, so much as a motivation thing.  I actually

Exactly.  I'd guess the best you could do is set them up with a dual
boot system, and beg them to try it for a week.  Give them Evo for
mail, and OO.  You better ensure everything works correctly "out of
the box", and is secured, or they'll just end up with yet another
insecure and unstable platform.  You'll probably need to consider data
migration issues too.  How to get their mail from Windows to Linux and
back again?  You're also going to be their sysadmin for a while; do
you have remote access to their machines?  Are they going to trust you
to be root on their machines?

Maybe you should wait until the next disaster befalls them (shouldn't
be long).  They may then be better motivated to accept the challenge.

- -