Re: Formatting an unused partition

All right, thats done. I used the following command:
$ mkfs.ext3 -v /dev/hdb10

mkfs wrote the inodes, made the journal, etc. and I
could see the type as ext3 when I checked /dev/hdb
with cfdisk.

My next question is, how to allow users to write to
the partition. Current permissions are drwxr_xr_x
root:root. Should I just use chmod og+w for
/mount/part10 (assuming I'm mouting it under /mount in
dir part10)? Would it be better to make this partition
similar to /tmp with the "t" bit set? Please suggest.

This is off topic: Does anyone know how to send
replies to threads in correct order using yahoo mail?

Thanks.