Re: How to configure apt to retrieve Packages.bz2?

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:06:25 -0400
"Leif W" <warp-9.9@usa.net> wrote:

> [snip idotic response]
>
> Yet another idiotic person who CAN NOT READ, and either DOES NOT KNOW,
> or can not shed their ELITIST SNOBBY ATTITUDE to just explain it.

It may have something to do with the fact that you're acting like
a child.  If someone asks a question (or, in your case, demands an
answer to a question) in a snotty way, people are going to pay more
attention to the snotty manner than they are the question/demand.
That's simple, predictable human nature.

> I'll repeat, only respond if you know the answer and are willing to
> explain it.

Sorry, commands like that only incite me to ignore them.  If I knew
the answer to your question, I sure wouldn't be telling you at this
point -- not out of elitism, but simply out of not wanting to reward
bad behavior.

What do you get out of alienating the people from whom you're asking
assistance, anyway?  Wouldn't you just rather get an answer to your
question?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)