Re: How to configure apt to retrieve Packages.bz2?

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 12:51, Leif W wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry if this question has been asked or answered before, but I
> simply can not find the answer.  I've looked in every apt related
> documentation package (apt, apt-doc, apt-howto), I've searched the web
> using Google, with and without resticting to site:debian.org.  The apt
> documentation is woefully inadequate when it comes to describing the
> configuration of this very handy program.  The only thing I could find
> which might be useful was at the link below.  But before attempting to
> get the apt source and apply a patch that may or may not even work with
> the current apt source, I figured I'd ask.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/deity/2004/02/msg00146.html

Try the settings below:

{
   Packages::Compress ". bzip2";
   Sources::Compress "bzip2";
   Contents::Compress "bzip2";
}

I added that to my apt config and it didnt complain...though I'm not
sure how to tell if its actually using bzip2, since the package files
end up stored locally in uncompressed form

anyway, hope that helps.

-davidc