Re: Wireless Access Point

Werner Otto wrote:

I need to buy a wireless card and access point to work with my Zoom X5
wired ADSL router.

I am looking for value for money, who doesn't :-) and needs to have
allot of security capabilities such as WEP, WPA, WPA- Pres hared Key
and preferably RSN (do they come out with this).

The reason is I'm am doing a project and need to test and break
wireless security. Most new access points have the "g" as appose to
the "b" specifications.

Any suggestions?

I have a Netgear MR814 that I know does 802.11b, WEP and WPA-PSK. I'm at work so I can't verify if it can do WPA or RSN. Haven't had any issues with it at all thus far. I'm using a Cisco Aironet 340 in the laptop and it was detected and worked flawlessly with my 2.6.8.1 kernel. Picked both up off eBay for a total of $40.

--Chris