Re: SSH won't let me connet says "Permission denied (publickey)."

Apparently, _Mark Lijftogt_, on 19/10/04 00:52,typed:
H. S. wrote:

 > On my internal LAN, I am able to connect from the laptop to the router

using SSH as a normal user. But I am not able to connect to the laptop from the router. SSH works properly on all other computers (I am able to connect to another one running Unstable). Here is what I get if I try connecting to the laptop(which is updated):

Could you run the sshd with the -d option on your router ?
you might see something that the client won't give you.

gl,

Mark

I changed this line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config in the laptop file:
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication no

Commenting it out(as shown) allowed me to connect to the laptop. Whould this matter in terms of security?

->HS