Re: change /dev/console owner to user logged on console?

In article <[🔎] 87is9ev9kr.fsf@highstream.net>,
Marc D Ronell  <marc_ronell@highstream.net> wrote:
>The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
>that has been posted to gmane.linux.debian.user as well.
>
>>> "Miquel" == Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> writes:
>
>  > In article <[🔎] 87hdp0oyyz.fsf@highstream.net>,
>  > Marc D Ronell  <marc_ronell@highstream.net> wrote:
>  >> Under Debian, is there a method which allows any user directly
>  >> logged onto the host and using the host's keyboard and monitor to
>  >> take ownership of some that host's devices?
>
>  > pam_console
>
>So I am using Debian Sarge 3.1,  and I believe pam is installed, but I
>do not see either a directory or file called pam_console when I search
>using an up-to-date locate check:

Ah. I've never used it either, but thanks to Google I'be developed a
keyword-memory (using Google as external-storage memory) which
said "pam_console". It appears that the current pam module that
does something similar is called pam_devperm:

Package: libpam-devperm
Version: 1.5-2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1)
 This PAM module allows you to change device ownership and permissions
 when a user logs in.
 .
 This is functionally equivalent with SunOS logindevperm(4).

Mike.
--
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
 a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell.