Re: change /dev/console owner to user logged on console?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 10:48:55PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> >  > In article <[🔎] 87hdp0oyyz.fsf@highstream.net>,
> >  > Marc D Ronell  <marc_ronell@highstream.net> wrote:
> >  >> Under Debian, is there a method which allows any user directly
> >  >> logged onto the host and using the host's keyboard and monitor to
> >  >> take ownership of some that host's devices?
> >

> Ah. I've never used it either, but thanks to Google I'be developed a
> keyword-memory (using Google as external-storage memory) which
> said "pam_console". It appears that the current pam module that
> does something similar is called pam_devperm:

Another approach might be to use pam_groups to dynamically add the user to
the appropriate groups (eg. audio, floppy, cdrom) if they log in locally. It
doesn't seem to be especially well documented, but this thread on the
(debian based) userlinux discuss ML cold serve as a start:
<http://lists.userlinux.com/pipermail/discuss/2004-September/006067.html>

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | WARNING: Persons denying the existence of
Denver, Colorado USA  | robots may be robots themselves.