Re: Debian Sarge printing ?.

Clive Menzies wrote:

Hi Erik

In a browser go to:  localhost:631/admin
This is the web based configuration tool for cups

http://www.cups.org/sum.html

Regards

Clive

Hi Clive.

Thanks for your reply. The printers has been set up via :631 on my server, and they both works ok,
but I cannot get them to print from my debian sarge via the network.

Shall I still set the printing from debian up via localhost:631 ?.

This is what the cups site say:

   Networking

Printers and classes on the local system are automatically shared with other systems on the network. This allows you to setup one system to print to a printer and use this system as a printer server or spool host for all of the others. Users may then select a local printer by name or a remote printer using "name@server".

CUPS also provides/ implicit classes/, which are collections of printers and/or classes with the same name. This allows you to setup multiple servers pointing to the same physical network printer, for example, so that you aren't relying on a single system for printing. Because this also works with printer classes, you can setup multiple servers and printers and never worry about a single point of failure unless all of the printers and servers go down!

This is not working !

Erik.