Re: Which kernel in sarge

Hello

Oliver Fuchs (<oliverfuchs@onlinehome.de>) wrote:

> at the moment I am running a 2.2.20 kernel (compiled by myself) on my
> debian woody box. For the upcoming next version (sarge) I'd like to
> know if I have to upgrade my kernel to another version (2.4 or even
> 2.6) and what version exactly is recommended (for example in the 2.4
> version line)?

I don't think there are any 2.2 images in Sarge. You should at least
upgrade to 2.4. 2.6 has some advantages, at least for me. ALSA,
lm-sensors and cryptoloop now are finally in the kernel, so I don't
have to patch the source or compile additional modules for this. What
you need of course depends on your hardware, and if 2.2 supports it,
you /can/ keep using it. It's up to you.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976