X keyboard broken *again*

Hi,

Another day, another variation of the "Help, the update ate my keyboard
mapping!"

For a change, it's not the '#'-key that got lost, no, it's the AltGr-Key which
at least on the german layout gives access to useless characters like the
pipe symbols, the brackets or the unneeded "at"-symbol (you know what I mean,
it's not like I had to type mail addresses or write programs). It's working
fine on the onsole, but xmodmap doesn't know anything about those symbols.

Shouldn't "xmodmap -pk" have some lines with the word "bracket" in them?

This is rapidly getting annoying :-(

I am using xlibs 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 0, the relevant section from XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de