Re: X keyboard broken *again*

On Sunday October 10 2004 23:40, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another day, another variation of the "Help, the update ate my keyboard
> mapping!"
>
> For a change, it's not the '#'-key that got lost, no, it's the AltGr-Key
> which at least on the german layout gives access to useless characters like
> the pipe symbols, the brackets or the unneeded "at"-symbol (...)

I tried some things, but nothing seems to bring back my AltGr key.

setxkbmap -rules xfree86 -model pc105 -layout "en_US+de" -option
"lv3:ralt_switch_multikey" -variant "nodeadkeys"

seems to give a valid german layout, but still without AltGr. Trying to add
ISO_Level3_Shift as mod5 doesnt work either. On a machine running xlibs
version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 0, everything is fine. If there is anybody here with a
working german keyboard layout running testing or unstable, please send me
your configuration.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de