Re: DebianInstaller and USB HD box: cannot boot

I have nearly the same problem :

I have installed a Debian from an USB key to an USB HDD. First I had to reboot on the installer and to chroot into the HDD. I put ext3, via82cxxx, usb-storage, sd_mod, ehci-hcd, usb-uhci, ide-disk into /etc/mkinitrd/modules. I have made a new initrd and put init into /boot/. The symbolic link is not broken.
When I boot from the USB HDD I get this message :

Vendor : TOSHIBA Model : MK4025GAS Rev : KA40
Type : Direct Access ANSI SCSI revision : 02
Attached SCSI disk at scsi0, channel0, id0, lun0,
SCSI device sda : 78140160 512-bytes hdwr sectors (40008 MB)
Partition check :
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 : pivot_root : No such file or directory
/sbin/init : 426 cannot open dev/console : No such file
<0> Kernel panic : attempted to kill init !

I do not know what is wrong. During the intall, the devices which are mounted are : /dev/discs/disc0 ..... and at reboot the devices are /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0 ...

Could anybody help me to understand what's the problem ?

Sorry for my english

Jean-Hervé COSPEREC