Re: Kernel upgrade - funny startup messages

Andrea Vettorello wrote:

>> /etc/mtab: no such file or directory

Managed to fix that one by putting the /etc/mtab into /etc/mkinitrd/files
and building another initrd.  Probably isn't actually necessary.

> This seems strange, look if you have a "*" in your /etc/modules.conf
> or in /etc/modutils.

I'll look there.

>> /etc/modules.conf is newer than /lib/modules/modules.dep

> This can happen when you install a new kernel, at next boot you'll not
> find it again.

Doesn't seem to get rid of it at the initrd stage.

I've actually found some similar experiences in google.groups.  I don't
think that you can avoid all of these.