Re: Advice needed to speed up very slow machine (conclusion)

> Thanks all for the comments and suggestions.  I'm sure my "client" thanks
> you too.  Linux, Debian, and all the others who contributed to open source
> software have given this lady her "window to the world" in her meager
> mobile home in the backwoods environment.

Kind of nice timing coming back upon this thread.  I was starting to feel
sorry for myself having to solve your kind of problem on a 350 MHz box, but
it's a screamin' demon by comparison, isn't it?

Same kind of situation.  In my case, the guy has been collecting computers
people have given him after they upgraded, and he has about a dozen, ranging
from an old XT to a screaming P-133.  None of them boot.  I'm scraping
together enough pieces to try to get an X terminal out of one, and I'm going
to take that and give him my 350 MHz X terminal in trade.  Best I can do
without one of us spending money we don't have.  I'm br0000k3 too.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/