Problem with DSL and /etc/resolv.conf

I'm having a problem with my /etc/resolv.conf file and I'm hoping
someone might be able to explain what is going on.  My home network
has an ActionTec wireless DSL modem/router running as the DHCP.  Qwest
is my DSL provider.  I have three Macintoshes, an XP box, and a
Debian/FreeBSD dual boot box.  The Debian and FreeBSD box both have
the same problem.  The Macs and XP don't.

When the computer boots up and gets DHCP information, it puts two
addresses in the /etc/resolv.conf file for nameservers.  One is the
router address (192.168.0.1) and the other is one of the two ISP DNS
servers.  This causes any internet traffic to go unresolved.  If I
change the entry in /etc/resolv.conf that contains the router address
to the other ISP DNS server, everything works just great.  However,
the next time I boot up the machine, it goes back to the router+ISP
address.

Since Mac OSX is based on FreeBSD, I looked at what its
/etc/resolv.conf file contains.  It has the same thing but works just
fine.

So, I have three questions:

1.  Should my router's ip address be in the resolv.conf file?
2.  Shouldn't my router just forward DNS requests to the ISP DNS servers?
3.  How can I keep the resolv.conf file from changing each time I reboot?
4.  Why does this fail for Linux/FreeBSD but not for OS X or XP?

Thanks,
Andrew