Re: installing on an older machine

On Friday 08 October 2004 13:52, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I am trying to install debian on an old hp vectra. The (testing) install
> goes along fine, finding the nic and downloading stuff from the network
> but then it reports that it can't find any partitionable media. Well,
> there is a 1.7 gig hard drive that currently has a stripted win95 on it.
>
> I'm using install floppies dated 8-1-2004.

If my memory servers me correctly, there was a problem with the new debian
installer around that time that had this problem.  Try picking up the formal
pre-rc2 floppies that are currently on the web site (or better do it from a
CD if your vectra has one.  If it doesn't boot from CD put smart boot manager
( http://btmgr.webframe.org/ ) and boot from that and use that to boot from
CD.

--
Alan Chandler