Re: Switching between two network cards

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:54:35PM +0200, Andrei Badea wrote:
> After my system starts, I want to switch to the other network card (the
> sk98lin one), but I only want its module loaded, so I do:
>
> ifdown eth0
> rmmod fealnx
> modprobe sk98lin
> ifup eth0

I'm no expert in networking.  Might be totally off base here.  But,
could it be that fealnx gets eth0 and sk98lin gets eth1?  i.e. might
this work?

ifdown eth0
modprobe sk98lin
ifup eth1

I have a vaguely similar situation w/ my laptop...  When undocked, the
PCMCIA card gets eth0, when docked, the dock station ethernet gets
eth0 and PCMCIA card gets eth1.  I use the check-mac-address.sh script
to make sure that only the PCMCIA card gets networking.  Something
similar might work for you if you don't want fealnx to come up at all.

Jason