Re: Switching between two network cards

Jason Rennie wrote:

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:54:35PM +0200, Andrei Badea wrote:

After my system starts, I want to switch to the other network card (the sk98lin one), but I only want its module loaded, so I do:

ifdown eth0
rmmod fealnx
modprobe sk98lin
ifup eth0

I'm no expert in networking.  Might be totally off base here.  But,
could it be that fealnx gets eth0 and sk98lin gets eth1?  i.e. might
this work?

ifdown eth0
modprobe sk98lin
ifup eth1

This works. But I have to keep fealnx loaded, which is exactly what I don't want. If I unload fealnx before modprobing sk98lin, then sk98lin gets eth0 and it doesn't work.

Andrei

--
andrei.badea@movzx.net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547