(sid) kde3.3 - X performance]

You're right, I'm sorry...
With the same hardware (an IBM Thinkpad R40e) comparing windoze XP performance and the debian/kde3.3 ones it results slower with debian, let's say less reactive to the user...
Is there a way to optimize the performance of the graphical environment
(i.e. high priority to X)? I can't believe XP graphical engine runs
faster than kde! I found an answer to my question on another debian ML
suggesting me to execute the prelink command, unfortunately there are no
significant improvement. What I'm trying to obtain is a fully graphical
oriented workstation (no ip_forwarding, no fw rules, no servers), i've
just recompiled the kernel (2.6.8.1) and the performance are surely
better than before, but i need more..

tnx in advance

--
- Riccardo Tortorici -
Linux Registered User #365170

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/netiquette.shtml

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio. Zero spese, stessa banca, più interessi.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=657&d=8-10