Re: Vsftpd starting-help!

Lourens replying to Siju George <sgeorge.ml@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  I just installed vsftpd using apt-get. Imade necessarry changes in
>  the config file also.
>
>  I donot know how to add an entry in the inetd.conf  to start vsftpd
>  at system boot.
>
>  COuld someone help me please? Is that the best way to start vsftpd?
>  Or if there is any other way please tell me.

For startup at boot-time, you should remove the #<disabled># from the
following line in /etc/inetd.conf:

#:STANDARD: These are standard services.
#<disabled>#ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/vsftpd

so that it reads:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/vsftpd

If it is not there, simply add it

HTH

*****

Lourens Steenkamp