Re: Making my mouse wheel work on the fly

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:45:32 -0400
icebiker <icebiker@ca.inter.net> wrote:

> Jacob S wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:48:49 -0400
> >icebiker <icebiker@ca.inter.net> wrote:

<snip - problems with a scrollwheel mouse after switching between
computers with a kvm switch>

> >Sometimes switching to a text console and then back into X will help.
> >You don't have to exit X to do this, just press Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then
> >once you see the text login, press Alt-F7.
>
> Nope. That was a neat idea though, you had my hopes up there for a few
>
> minutes.
>
> I wonder if it's KVM dependent . . .

I'm sure it is, as we have an older Raritan around here that exhibits
the problem you mention. Switching to a text console and back does fix
it for us, however.

Jacob