Re: Woody or Sarge

Adi Linden <adil@adis.on.ca> writes:

> My BIG issue is the short lived support in terms of security updates. Having
> to reinstall a server after 18 month is totally unacceptable.

	I hear you.
	I'm in the middle of moving all of my RedHat servers to Debian (yay!),
but it's a time consuming process and some boxes have to wait their turn.
	As a stop-gap solution, I managed to stumble across Progeny Transition
Service:

http://transition.progeny.com/index.html

	which rolls security updates in RPM format for RedHat 7.2, 7.3,
8.0, and 9 and makes them available for a fee.
	At $5 per month per server, it's definitely worth it to me, but perhaps
there is a similiar group out there doing the work for free?

P.S. I have NO affiliation with Progeny except for being a customer grateful for
their service.

--

Brett Charbeneau, Network Administrator         Tel: 757-259-7750
Williamsburg Regional Library                   FAX: 757-259-7798